Course designed for: Novice and experienced candidates.
Course Objective: On completion, the trainee will be expected to have attended a level of skill which will comply with the standard laid down in accordance with the HSE code of practice L117.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Code of practice
- How to remove and stow on truck
- Principle of lifting
- Battery care
- Stability factors
- Principles of a forklift truck
- Manoeuvring in open and confined areas
- Picking up, setting down, transporting loads
- Stacking and de-stacking loads at high and low levels
- Theoretical and practical tests
Duration: 2 Days
Ratio: Maximum of 3 trainees per instructor per truck.
Certification: National Certificate